Monday, April 04, 2011

16. How can I keep myself absolutely safe?

Ask this question just to remind yourself of the answer: You can't. Life is inherently uncertain. The way to cope with that reality is not to control and avoid your way into a rigid little demi-life, but to develop courage. Doing what you long to do, despite fear, will accomplish this.

I am kind of freaked out about this, not as much for myself now, but for Jack. Ack!

But remembering not to control or avoid things in order to not risk is good for me.

Courage...I'm trying to realize that I can be more courageous than I think. And I am reading Waking the Dead by Eldredge, which is having me think more about my heart and living from my heart without fear. Trying to get to the heart of things as to what I long to do, what God's created me specifically to be and to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home