Monday, April 04, 2011

17. Where should I break the rules?

If everyone kept all the rules, we'd still be practicing cherished traditions like child marriage, slavery, and public hangings. The way humans become humane is by assessing from the heart, rather than the rule book, where the justice of a situation lies. Sometimes you have to break the rules around you to keep the rules within you.

I have a hard time with this one. I'm, admittedly, a rule follower. I'm also a huge justice. A lot of rules are in place to keep justice, to keep peace, to keep people safe. But touche, I suppose, as mentioned above those things that were NOT just but were part of the 'rules.'

Assessing from the heart...exactly what I'm trying to meditate on these days. How appropriate. Really trying to meditate, also, on Scripture about my heart, about God's heart.

Trying to figure out what rules to let go of and which ones to hang on to. And not to freak out when others break the rules. Let. It. Go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home