Tuesday, April 12, 2011

reading

With reading, I go in spurts. Sometimes, all I read is my e-mail. Other times (like now), I read 4 books at once. I'm currently reading Waking the Dead, The Elegance of the Hedgehog, At Home, and Choosing to See.

Two of them have my mind reeling (At Home has some fascinating facts about salt and pepper, glass, and a myriad other details of what we take for granted at home; The Elegance of the Hedgehog is about class distinctions and community and connections). Two of them have my heart reeling (Waking the Dead is about living from a whole heart and from the idea quoted by Iraneaus that 'the glory of God is man fully alive;' Choosing to See is the autobiography of Mary Beth Chapman, wife of Steven Curtis Chapman, which includes the death of their 5 year old daughter). I'm searching my heart for places where I need Jesus' healing. And I'm searching my heart for room for adoption.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home